Lotus LMP takes your privacy seriously and is committed to protecting it.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please take the time to review this policy so that you understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect the following data about you:
- Information provided by you by filling in forms on our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data analysed for browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same purposes, Lotus may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password enabling you to access certain parts of our site, it is your responsibility to keep this password confidential. Please do not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we will do our best to protect your personal data, Lotus LMP cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the information collected:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may contact you by email, post or telephone.
Additionally, we may use your personal data [in an anonymous form] to analyse our customer profiles and for statistical purposes. We may share this anonymised statistical information with third parties as part of market research purposes. We may also share your personal data with companies within the Lotus group of companies and selected third party companies.
Lotus LMP will not rent out or sell our customer lists to any other organisation.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to other members of our group of companies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Lotus or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Lotus about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lotus, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €10 to meet our administration costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.